Waste Audit and Waste Reduction Work Plan
Client: Jefferson Elora Corporation
Location: Elora, ON
Start & End Date: December 2007 – ongoing
AET Group Inc. (AET) was contracted by Jefferson Elora Corporation (JEC) to conduct annual waste audits and prepare waste reduction work plans for their facility in Elora, Ontario, in accordance with Ontario Regulation 102/94.
- Identify the types and quantities of solid non-hazardous waste materials generated in all functional areas at JEC;
- Identify and quantify the amount of reusable and recyclable materials generated at the facility;
- Review and evaluate current 3Rs practices;
- Evaluate current waste disposal methods;
- Develop a detailed waste audit report as a compliance component under O. Reg. 102/94; and to,
- Identify waste reduction opportunities to assist in the formulation of the waste reduction work plan.
This study involved a physical audit of solid non-hazardous waste generated during an identified sample collection period per year. JEC staff collected waste generated from the identified study waste zones during the sample period. AET staff sorted and weighed the waste by zone. Recycling and reuse weight records provided by the Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator were reviewed to calculate total annual weights for each material recycled or reused during the course of the year and to calculate an overall diversion rate.