Waste Field Project Lead
AET Group is looking for a Waste Field Project Lead to join our Waste Team. Previous experience leading Waste Audits is required. The successful candidate will have a passion for waste management, strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work independently or as part of a team and have the necessary combination of education and work experience. As Canada’s leading waste auditing firm, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to our growth working on diverse waste projects across Canada including:
- Municipal waste studies
- ICI waste audits and reduction strategies
- Material recovery facility optimization & quality studies
- Litter studies
- Inbound landfill studies
- Food waste studies
The successful candidate must be available to travel regularly for conducting audits. Audits may require travel throughout Ontario and out of Province.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading and conducting waste audits (~85% of time) including:
- Preparing for upcoming assignments (e.g. assembling field log sheets, equipment, supplies, communicating with project manager & audit team)
- Leading waste audit team, waste sample collection (e.g. curbside residential waste collection, landfill waste collection, recycling collection), and sample sorting to characterize and determine garbage and recycling composition by material type
- Ensuring work is carried out in accordance with project specifications and prescribed methodology
- Ensuring that work is carried out safely by following all health & safety protocols, including proper use of personal protective equipment
- Data entry, analysis & report writing (~10% of time)
- Administrative & Communication (~5% of time)
- Types of audits include: Residential (single and multi-family), Industrial, Commercial and Institutional, Inbound Landfill and Material Recovery Facilities
- Other duties from time to time (environmental audits, water sampling, etc.)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous experience conducting waste audits required (2-4 years)
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Studies or related field preferred
- Proven experience leading a small team
- Must possess excellent oral, written, organizational and multitasking skills
- MS Excel and MS Word knowledge and use preferred
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Drivers license with clean drivers abstract; comfortable driving pickup truck and pulling a cargo trailer
- Professional demeanor
- Possess initiative, adaptability, flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Excellent Communication skills
Typical Activities/Physical Abilities:
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk
- Able to drive pickup truck and pulling a cargo trailer
- Able to lift 20 kg
- Regularly required to work outside in varying weather conditions
- PPE Requirements: Half-mask respirator/mask, Safety glasses, Gloves, Hard Hat, Safety Footwear, Coveralls, Reflective vest
AET Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation.