Client: The City of Edmonton
Location: Edmonton, AB
Start & End Date: 2015-2019
The City of Edmonton contracted AET Group Inc. (AET) to conduct annual litter audits to understand the current realities in Edmonton by assessing the composition and amount of litter that was present on Edmonton streets. The litter audit analysis is used to illustrate littering trends in Edmonton and to support upcoming business planning and continued programming required to meet the City of Edmonton’s and Province of Alberta’s Community Standards. The audits are conducted at over 120 pre-selected locations within the public realm across the city.
- Understand littering trends in the City of Edmonton;
- Recommend potential strategies to improve operational practices for littering programs;
- A detailed analysis of large litter items, as well as brands of materials that fall within the survey areas;
- A detailed analysis of small litter items that fall within the smaller subsections of the survey areas; and,
- Analysis and reporting of the results with a focus on a comparison between previously completed audits.