Intermediate Environmental Technician
Join the team at AET Group!
AET is currently seeking an Intermediate Environmental Technician to work out of our Cambridge office. The Environmental Technician will report to the Manager of Environmental Mitigation and Compliance Services and will be involved with field and office duties.
The successful candidate will be working from Cambridge, Ontario, and is required to travel locally for field work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field Work– Including groundwater monitoring and sampling, surface water sampling and indoor air sampling
- Field Preparation – Including ordering sampling jars and bottles, organizing field equipment and preparation of Health & Safety Plans
- Report writing and project–related communications
- Occasional physical labour, including heavy lifting
- Office work: appointment scheduling with homeowners/clients, receiving and responding to homeowner/clients’ questions, contractor co-ordination, maintenance of various databases, maintenance of Cambridge office supplies
- Office duties would include logging of data collected in the field, tabulation and evaluation of data and summarising relevant project specific data.
- Complete personal administration, including work logs, correct and timely submission of timesheets, expenses and scheduling, etc.
- Preparation of progress reports and communications via email
- Drive equipment to various sites using company provided truck and trailer
- Other duties from time to time (environmental audits, wastewater sampling, waste audits, etc.)
- Operate and maintain remediation and mitigation systems
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Studies or related field
- ECO Canada EP Certification an asset
- Three to five years experience in environmental field work including: water sampling and indoor air sampling
- Drivers license with clean drivers abstract
- Forklift license an asset
- Must possess excellent oral, written, organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Ability to function in an independent environment
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Professional demeanor
- Possess initiative, adaptability, flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and in a professional manner
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Google Maps & Calendar is an asset
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Excellent Communication skills- Written and Oral
Typical Activities/Physical Abilities:
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk on phone
- Occasional use of the following equipment: forklift, company work truck, personal vehicle, handheld tools
- Able to lift 20L pail full of water
- Able to move 200L drum half full of water using a drum dolly
- Repetitive use of arms for groundwater sampling
AET Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation.