Greenhouse Gas (GHG) and Sustainability Analyst
Join the team at AET Group!
AET is looking for a Greenhouse Gas (GHG) and Sustainability Analyst to join our team in this newly created position. AET is active in the GHG and sustainability space for a wide range of clients including:
- private-sector companies (from Fortune 500 multi-nationals to single-facility businesses) in dozens of industry sectors
- non-governmental and humanitarian organizations
- government clients (municipal, state/provincial, federal, First Nations)
Given the breadth of our client base and types of projects we lead, AET is looking for someone with a diverse skill set to immediately begin contributing to our active projects and to participate in our business development efforts throughout North America. The successful candidate will be active in various types of work done by AET’s GHG and Sustainability team, including:
- technical analyses (e.g., GHG quantifications, GHG inventories, environmental impact assessments, carbon offset project design, life cycle assessments)
- third-party verification and assurance of GHG and sustainability data for both regulatory and voluntary reporting programs
- corporate sustainability strategy (e.g., GHG reduction planning, sustainability planning, carbon offset feasibility studies)
The successful candidate will have a passion for the subject matter, strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work both independently or as part of a team, have the necessary combination of education and experience, and possess a hunger for continuous personal and professional development. Attention to detail in both writing and data analysis is essential as our deliverables are used for decision-making by senior leadership of our clients and their stakeholders.
Given the dynamic nature of the GHG and sustainability field, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow their career in terms of learning technical skills, working with a diverse team of professionals, working on global projects for organizations in a range of industry sectors, and thinking outside the box to contribute to our growth.
The successful candidate will be working from the Kitchener head office, with the exception of site visits to client facilities (where required).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze client GHG and sustainability data through a range of AET service offerings including quantification, reporting, and verification
- Provide expertise pertaining to relevant federal and / or provincial regulatory GHG reporting requirements
- Provide expertise pertaining to the key reporting frameworks and programs pertinent to GHG and sustainability performance (e.g. CDP, GHG Protocol)
- Contribute to the development of GHG and sustainability management plans for clients
- Conduct research and analysis on sustainability and climate change issues on an as-needed basis for client projects or business development purposes
- Conduct site visits and field activities for projects across Canada (approximately 10 – 20% of work time will be travel; currently less due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Other duties as requested
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering, basic/applied science, or environmental discipline
- 2 to 4 years of experience working with GHG datasets for the purposes of quantification, reporting, and/or verification
- Working knowledge of the regulatory GHG reporting programs in Canada (federal and provincial) and the key voluntary sustainability data frameworks (e.g. CDP, GHG Protocol)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software, specifically advanced level Excel
- Attention to detail in both written output and data analysis (to be demonstrated through a writing and data analysis test)
- Effective and efficient research capabilities
- Timely preparation of reports and other client deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated and resourceful
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Training specific to the ISO 14064 family of GHG management standards
- Technical competence and understanding of multiple environmental specialties, such as energy, water, solid waste, etc.
- Experience working on environmental auditing engagements
- Experience conducting site visits at client facilities for data collection or verification activities
- Life cycle assessment experience
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Excellent Communication skills
Typical Activities/Physical Abilities:
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk
AET Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation.